Application Materials include:
- Completed Statement of Interest, including:
- 1) Full Name, Email Address, Home Address
- 2) Dates of Preferred Stay at Ohio State
- 3) Total Funding Sources
- 4) Description of the research to be conducted during the visit
- 5) names of Ohio State CLAS affiliates who may be interested in your research
- Curriculum vitae
- Visa information (if required)
- English Verification (if required)
**Please note that there is no deadline for the CLAS Visiting Scholars Program. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Transfering from another institution
If you are currently in the U.S. in J-1 status at another institution and will be transferring to The Ohio State University as a J-1, you will not receive your DS-2019 until you arrive on campus and report to our office. You will need to coordinate the transition between your current institution and Ohio State. Both institutions must be involved in your transfer, coordinating the completion of your current program and the start of your program at Ohio State so there is no break in your J-1 program.
When transferring, it's important to keep in mind that changes in program objective are not permitted under U.S. Department of State (DOS) J-1 regulations. After reviewing the completed transfer materials OIA may require the host department to complete the Continuation of Same Objective Form to ensure compliance with DOS regulations.
To begin this process:
- Speak with your Ohio State departmental Human Resources (HR) person about initiating the eScholar process.
- After you receive the invitation e-mail from your HR person, log-in to eScholar and follow the instructions under 'Transfer to The Ohio State University.
- Download the Transfer Form, fill out the top portion, and give it to the International Office at your current institution. They will send it directly to OSU.
- Submit your eScholar record with copies of all your DS-2019s attached to the OSU department.
- Please coordinate the details between your current institution and OSU to be sure there is no break between the end date at your current institution and the start date at OSU.
- Schedule an Orientation Appointment.
- You will receive your DS-2019 at orientation.