718 Fisher Hall
2100 Neil Ave
Areas of Expertise
- International Business
- Economic Development
- Innovation and Knowledge Transfer
- Inventions and the Evolution of Technology
- Strategic Management
- Ph.D. in Management, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- M.S. in Managerial Science and Applied Economics, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- MBA with concentrations in Finance & Operations Management, Lebow School of Business, Drexel University
- Bachiller en Química (equivalent to B.S. in Chemistry), School of Chemistry, Universidad de la República
Rafael A. Corredoira is an assistant professor in the Department of Management and Human Resources. His research focuses on embedded exploration: how networks that originate from social ties, market dynamics, and institutional arrangements constrain and enable firms’ entrepreneurial search for innovative solutions. Corredoira has authored articles published in many leading journals including Strategic Management Journal, Academy of Management Journal, Harvard Business Review, Journal of International Business Studies, and Research Policy, and his research received the 2007 International Management Division Best Paper Award at the Academy of Management Meeting.
Corredoira received his PhD in Strategy and International Management from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. Before embarking on his doctoral studies, he completed an MBA at Drexel University. He has 10 years of business experience at Compañía Bão, the largest and oldest household product firm in Uruguay, where, as CEO and COO, he led the firm in its technological reconversion, organizational restructuring, M&A and foreign market expansion during the creation of MERCOSUR.