- Applications and supporting materials will be submitted online through Qualtrics.
- Before beginning an application, students should consult the relevant information sheet for specific information on eligibility requirements and application instructions for their particular competition:
- A PDF version of the application is available for preview and planning purposes only. Applicants must complete the application itself through Qualtrics.
- Before completing the online application form, students should have all the necessary information on hand and additional documents ready for uploading into the application. The online form should take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete and should be completed at one time.
- The completed Online Application Form: http://go.osu.edu/CLASFLAS2019-2020.
- An up‐to‐date OSU Advising Report of all courses taken and grades received, and Official Transcripts from any other previous non-OSU graduate work and undergraduate work (attached in your online application).
- A one‐page single‐spaced Statement of Intent (attached in your online application).
- A Resume or CV (two pages maximum; attached in your online application);
- A Budget Estimate section in your online application, with relevant supporting materials attached (if you are planning to complete part of your 2019-2020 academic year outside of Ohio State).
- Three Letters of Reference from faculty members familiar with your work, including language capability. Applicants fill out the Student Section of theFLAS Recommendation Form and provide it to their referees. Referees complete and submit via email to email@example.com by Friday, February 1, 2019.
- Applicants must also separately submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to OSU's Office of Student Financial Aid by their priority deadline of Friday, February 1, 2019 in order to be considered for a FLAS Fellowship. The FAFSA can be accessed at http://sfa.osu.edu.
For Further Information
CLAS will hold numerous information sessions in November and December 2018. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend one of the following sessions which will take place in Enarson Classroom Building, Room 100:
- Friday, November 16: 1:00 - 2:00 PM
- Monday, November 19: 11:00 - 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 27: 9:00 - 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, December 5: 12:30 - 1:30 PM
- Thursday, December 13: 4:00 - 5:00 PM
- Friday, January 11: 12:00 - 1:00 PM