Through CLAS teacher training programs, participants develop lesson plans that incorporate Latin America from various perspectives, including language, art, culture, economics, history, education, geography, and many others. These resources are available for classroom use worldwide and can be accessed at the links below.
Below is a list of classroom resources that were used in the "Latin America in the K12 Classroom" Workshop on January 23rd.
- Lesson Design Templates
- Key Topics and Themes
- Teaching Latin America in the K12 Classroom: Workshop Presentation
- Implicit Bias: Implicit Bias Test, Harvard University
- Cultural Humility
- "Andean and Amazonian Material Culture and Performance Traditions as Sites of Indigenous Knowledges and Memory"
- Wibbelsman, M. “Andean and Amazonian Material Culture and Performance Traditions as Sites of Indigenous Knowledges and Memory” in TRANSMODERNITY: Journal of Peripheral Cultural Production of the Luso-Hispanic World Special Issue: Indigenous Knowledges and Sites of Indigenous Memory. Guest editor Arturo Arias, Spring 2017 (7:1) https://escholarship.org/uc/item/5223g28c (28 pgs.)
- "A Space-Age Food Product Cultivated by the Incas"
- New York Times article. "A Space-Age Food Product Cultivated by the Incas" by Simon Romero. August 10, 2016.
- "Ancient crops preserved for future generations in Arctic seed vault"
- Food and Agricultural Organization of the Union Nations article. "Ancient crops preserved for future generations in Arctic seed vault" August 27, 2015.
- Narratives in Quechua: SoundCloud Recordings
- Andean Music Ensemble: SoundCloud Songs
- Quechua Storytelling: El Ñakaq, Pishtako, o Kharisiri de los Andes (by Kate Martinez)
- Quechua Poem: Revolution (by Luis Morató Peña)
- Music: Peruvian Folk Song (by Luis Morató Peña)
- Music: Song of Santa Vera Cruz (by Luis Morató Peña)
- Quechua Storytelling: Origin of Maiz in Quechua (by Luis Morató Peña)
- Riddles in Spanish and Quechua: Riddles by Luis Morató Peña
- Quichua Ceramics: Collection Map
- Andean and Amazonian Photogammetry Cultural Artifact Collection
- *3D Ceramic Images best explored if used on a touchpad.
- Digital Storytelling: Afro-Latinidad (by Osmari Novoa)
- Rare Books and Manuscript Library (OSU): Website
- Andean and Amazonian Information Resources: LibGuide (by OSU)