For faculty and instructors at Community Colleges and Post-secondary Minority Serving Institutions
Since its inception in 1962, the Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) at The Ohio State University (OSU) has facilitated and stimulated the teaching, research, and intellectual interests of OSU faculty and students in all matters dealing with Latin America. In an effort to expand the public’s knowledge and understanding of the region, CLAS proudly invites grant applications from faculty and instructors at community colleges and minority-serving institutions (including the University of Puerto Rico) pursuing a wide array of scholarly endeavors related to the study of Latin America.
To be eligible, you must be a full-time faculty member or instructor at a community college or post-secondary minority serving institution within the United States of America with a demonstrated research/scholarly interest in Latin America.
Applications are especially encouraged from the following geographic and cultural regions:
- Appalachian Region – Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia
- The Midwest – Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
- Puerto Rico
This grant funding supports the following professional development opportunities:
- Faculty and career training
- Research and fieldwork support
- Conference registration fees and travel expenses
- Cultural programming
- Other (as approved)
This grant is sponsored in part by a U.S. Department of Education Title VI grant to The Ohio State University Center for Latin American Studies. As such, CLAS is especially interested in high-quality proposals with immediate and enduring impacts on respective campus and local communities.
Application Process and Deadline
Please complete and submit the Latin American Studies Grant Application online. A completed grant application includes the application form, grant proposal, budget documentation, and updated curriculum vitae (CV). The Center for Latin American Studies accepts grant applications on a rolling basis. Please direct any questions to Megan Hasting, Assistant Director, at the Center for Latin American Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Form
- Grant Proposal (a two-page description of the proposed project, its relevance to applicant’s professional development, and an explanation of how the proposed project advances knowledge and understanding of Latin America within the applicant’s department, college, and local community)
- Itemized Budget (allocating how grant funds will be applied to proposed project costs). Applicants must also include relevant budget documentation that supports the budget request (screenshot of conference details and registration fees, a sample travel itinerary with airfare estimates, vendor estimates for cultural activities)
- Curriculum Vitae