For faculty and instructors at Community Colleges and Post-secondary Minority Serving Institutions
To be eligible, you must be a full-time faculty member or instructor at a community college or post-secondary minority serving institution within the United States of America with a demonstrated research/scholarly interest in Latin America.
- Appalachian Region – Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia
- The Midwest – Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
- Puerto Rico
- Faculty and career training
- Research and fieldwork support
- Conference registration fees and travel expenses
- Cultural programming
- Other (as approved)
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
Please complete and submit the Latin American Studies Grant Application online. A completed grant application includes the application form, grant proposal, budget documentation, and updated curriculum vitae (CV). The Center for Latin American Studies accepts grant applications on a rolling basis. Please direct any questions to Michael Bustamante, Outreach Coordinator at the Center for Latin American Studies, at email@example.com.
- Application Form
- Grant Proposal (a two-page description of the proposed project, its relevance to applicant’s professional development, and an explanation of how the proposed project advances knowledge and understanding of Latin America within the applicant’s department, college, and local community)
- Itemized Budget (allocating how grant funds will be applied to proposed project costs). Applicants must also include relevant budget documentation that supports the budget request (screenshot of conference details and registration fees, a sample travel itinerary with airfare estimates, vendor estimates for cultural activities)
- Curriculum Vitae