CLAS is pleased to announce the availability of faculty travel grants to support professional development, sponsored by Title VI National Resource Center funding. Please read the following guidelines below prior to submitting your application. In order to be awarded a Faculty Travel Grant, you must explain why your travel not only advances your career, but also how it benefits Latin American Studies at Ohio State.
How can I use grant funds?
- Travel expenses for professional development related to Latin America (both domestic and international travel permissible) for travel between January 1 - December 31, 2020.
- Reimbursable expenses include airfare/mileage, ground transportation and parking, meals (per diem or receipts), and lodging. We cannot pay conference registration fees.
- Applicants must be an affiliated CLAS faculty member (if you are not an affiliated faculty member and would like to be listed as such, please contact email@example.com)
- Applicants must be employed as a regular full or part-time faculty member with at least two continuous years of service with Ohio State
When should I submit my application?
How do I complete and submit my application?
- Review the CLAS Faculty Travel Grant guidelines below.
- Complete the CLAS Faculty Travel Grant application.
- Application Form
- Proposal - A two-page document that demonstrates the benefits of travel to ALL of the following: the individual, the individual’s department/college, and the university as a whole. Applications that do not include these benefits will not be considered.
- CV - no longer than three pages
- The applicant meets all eligibility requirements
- The travel opportunity occurs within the funding period (January 1 - December 31, 2020)
- The submitted application is complete and includes required proposal, budget information, and curriculum vitae
- The application proposal demonstrates benefits to ALL of the following: the individual, the individual’s department/college, and the university as a whole.
Do I need a T-Number?