Ohio Latin Americanist Conference Travel Grant for Student Presenters
The Ohio Latin Americanist Conference (OLAC) Advisory Committee is pleased to announce the availability of travel grants of up to $150 for graduate/professional and undergraduate student conference presenters. This award is supported by donations from the following member institutions:
Bowling Green State University
Case Western Reserve University
The Ohio State University
The conference host institution in 2015 and 2016, Case Western Reserve University, will select the recipients and the Center for Latin American Studies at The Ohio State University will reimburse up to $150 in conference-related travel expenses: roundtrip transportation or mileage, lodging, and registration. Food is not covered by the travel grant.
To be eligible for an OLAC Travel Grant, an applicant must be a graduate or undergraduate student in a degree-granting program whose paper/panel has been accepted for presentation at the conference.
OLAC Travel Grantees must make a presentation in at least one session of OLAC and must attend and participate actively in sessions and other events over the full length of the conference, usually two days.
1. Complete the application form, including the estimated budget. Request a brief statement of support from your advisor addressing the merits of your presentation and the ways in which participation in OLAC will be beneficial to your career preparation.
2. Send both documents to OLAC coordinators at Case Western Reserve University: email@example.com.
3. Address questions about the application and selection process to conference organizers in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106:
1. At least two weeks PRIOR to the conference, complete and return the Vendor Setup Form. The information obtained will be used to enter you into the OSU financial system to travel and receive payment. Links to the instructions and the form:
2. AFTER the conference, send by USPS ORIGINAL receipts you wish to have reimbursed. These typically are for registration, lodging, and public transportation. Make a copy of these receipts for your records before putting them in the mail.
If you are driving to the conference, you will be reimbursed for mileage at the current rate of $.57/mile. Send the address(es) of departure and return. We use Google Maps to calculate the number of miles driven roundtrip.
For more information on the reimbursement process contact:
Send original receipts to:
OSU Center for Latin American Studies
ATTN: OLAC Travel Grants
140 Enarson Classroom Building
2009 Millikin Road
Columbus OH, 43210