For a full range of what Columbus has to offer, including events, attractions, and dining, please visit http://www.experiencecolumbus.com/
Places to Eat in the Ohio Union
- The Union Market – Cafeteria-style dining with a variety of meals/on-the-go snacks
- Espress-OH – Coffee/smoothies and light snacks
- Sloopy's Diner – Sit-down resturaunt with a wide variety of meals
- Woody's Tavern – Comfortable dining/bar
Latin American/Spanish Restaurants
- El Arepazo Latin Grill – 3 fantastic locations throughout Columbus; Venezuelan.
- Nada – Mexican/Latin American
- Barcelona – Authentic Spanish cuisine.
- El Vaquero – Authentic Mexican cuisine
- Si Señor – Peruvian sandwiches and empanadas
- Andes Bar and Grill – Authentic South American cuisine, especially Bolivian
- Plaza Mexican Bar and Grill – Authentic Mexican cuisine
Restaurants Around OSU Campus
- Adriatico’s – New York Style pizza (1618 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43201)
- Apollo’s Greek Kitchen – 1758 N. High St. Columbus OH, 43201
- Ethyl & Tank – Southwestern food and craft beers (19 E 13th Ave, Columbus, OH 43201)
- Buckeye Donuts – Open 24/7 (1998 N High St, Columbus, OH 43201)
- Blaze Pizza – Build your own pizza (1708 N High St, Columbus, OH 43201)
- Bibibop Asian Grill – Build your own Asian cuisine (1778 N High St, Columbus, OH 43201)
- Buffalo Wild Wings – American style foods, wings & beer (2151 N High St, Columbus, OH 43201)
- Also on High Street, you can find Panera Bread, Chipotle Mexican Grill, McDonald's, Wendy's, Panda Express, Chick-Fil-A, Panda Express, etc.
Sight-Seeing/Things to Do
59 Spruce Street (Downtown)
The North Market is a one-stop destination for restaurants, coffee, tea, and shopping. Home to restaurants such as Hot Chicken Takeover (fried chicken), Momo Ghar (Nepalese), and Jeni’s ice cream, the North Market is a great place to experience what downtown Columbus has to offer!
Columbus Park of Roses
3901 North High Street (Clintonville)
Home to over 12,000 roses, the Park of Roses is a thirteen-acre park in the Clintonville neighborhood. The park is open from dawn to dusk every day. October is the perfect time to see the herb garden and beautiful fall colors on the trees throughout the park.
Known for being one of the ten best costume parties in the country, this two-night Halloween event takes over the Short North in downtown Columbus and includes live performances, a street party, and a costume contest. Watch out for the increased traffic on East Goodale and High Street from Goodale to Nationwide (downtown).
The Scioto Mile
Located in downtown Columbus, the Scioto Mile offers trails along the Scioto River. The Bicentennial Park is home to the Milestone 229 restaurant where you can watch the fountains in the park while enjoying a cocktail and dinner.
Columbus Museum of Art
480 E. Broad Street
Free on Sundays, the Columbus Museum of Art offers a wide variety of exhibitions “built by the community for the community.”