Professor- Music Education
106G Hughes Hall
1899 N College Rd
Areas of Expertise
- Music Education
- Music perception and cognition in childhood
- Non-musical benefits of music instruction
- The Ohio State University, Ph.D. in Music Education (1991)
- Indiana University, Graduate studies, piano & music education (1986-1988)
- National Conservatory of Buenos Aires, Profesora Superior de Música (1984)
Featured Professional Activities
- Costa-Giomi, E., & Ilari, B. (2014). Infants’ preferential attention to sung and spoken stimuli. Journal of Research in Music Education, 62(2), 188-194.
- Costa-Giomi, E. (2014.) The long-term effects of childhood music instruction on intelligence and general cognitive abilities. Update: Applications of Research in Music Education, 33(2), 20-26.
- Costa-Giomi, E. (1999). The effects of three years of piano instruction on children’s cognitive development. Journal of Research in Music Education, 47(3), 198-212.
- Editorial committee, Journal of Research in Music Education