Professor | Industrial and Systems Engineering
222 Baker Systems Engineering,
1971 Neil Ave.,
Areas of Expertise
- Polymer and Composite Processing
- Modeling, Analysis and Design
- Environmentally Friendly Manufacturing
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, The University of Minnesota (1980)
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Ohio University (1976)
- B.S., Chemical and Industrial Engineering, Catholic University of El Salvador (1974)
Jose M. Castro has been a professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering at OSU since 1998. He is currently also an affiliate Professor at the National Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon, Monterrey Mexico. He is currently a faculty advisor to the OSU student chapter of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE).
Dr. Castro's recent publications include “Multi-objective Optimization of Injection Molding Using a Calibrated Predictor Based On Physical and Simulated Data”, Polymer Engineering and Science (2016); “Water Assisted Foaming: A New Approach to Improve Dimensional Stability and Decrease Cycle Time in Injection Molding”, in Advances in Polymer Processing (Hanser, 2016); “Graphene-graphene oxide-graphene hybrid nanopapers with superior mechanical, gas barrier and electrical properties”, AIP Advances (2015).